A Paris, Texas native, Gene Stallings, was hired as Head Football Coach at The University of Alabama on January 11, 1990. In only his third season, Stallings and his staff produced Alabama’s first perfect regular season since 1979 by going 12-0. The team went on to defeat Miami in the Sugar Bowl and capture the national championship. Prior to his arrival at Alabama, Coach Stallings was Head Football Coach of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals moved to Phoenix in 1988. Coach Stallings led the Cardinals for four years.
In 1972 Coach Stallings joined Tom Landry and the Dallas Cowboys. During his years there, Dallas won seven division titles, three conference championships and the 1978 Super Bowl.
For seven years Coach Stallings was Head Football Coach of his alma mater, Texas A&M. Coach Stallings spent his collegiate playing days under Coach Paul Bryant at Texas A&M and was one of the Aggies who endured the now famous Junction training camp in 1954.
Stallings has received the Dallas Father of the Year Award, the National Boys Club Alumni of the Year Award, has been elected to the Texas A&M Hall of Fame and serves on the Texas A&M Board of Regents, serves on many company Board of Directors, was elected to the Texas Hall of Fame, the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, and was been named to a presidential committee by President George W. Bush.
The Stallings family was honored as the Family of the Year by the Tuscaloosa Association of Retarded Citizens for their sponsorship of an annual charity golf tournament which raised money for the association. The family was honored once again for their generosity when the Rise program, located on Alabama’s campus, named its new building the Stallings Center. The
playground was dedicated recently and was named the John Mark Stallings Playground. Rise prepares developmentally disabled infants, toddlers and preschoolers for the public school environment by integrating them with non-disabled peers. Stallings son, John Mark, had Down syndrome and was instrumental in raising money for the building. John Mark Stallings passed
away August 2, 2008.
Coach Stallings and his family now live in Paris, Texas.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Gene Stallings needs 8 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: some speakers might provide one of their popular book titles as a free gift to your audience. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Mitch Gaylord After becoming the first American gymnast to score a perfect 10.0 in the Olympics, Mitch Gaylord led the men’s gymnastic team to a gold medal…
- Todd Huston For 20 years Todd Huston has turned a personal tragedy into an opportunity to help others overcome their challenges and become their best in every…
- Nikki Stone At the Olympic Winter Games in Nagano, Japan, Nikki Stone became America’s first-ever Olympic Champion in the sport of inverted aerial skiing. What made this…
Our Account Executive was a pleasure to work with to arrange our keynote presenter for the Sustainable Brands Sydney Conference. He was swift to respond and his communication was always clear. If I am looking for international speakers, I will think of SPEAKING.com in future.
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
Another Season: A Coach′s Story of Raising an Exceptional Son
When beloved University of Alabama football coach Gene Stallings′s son was born with Down syndrome and a serious heart defect, doctors predicted he wouldn′t live to see his first birthday and urged Coach Stallings and his wife to institutionalize him. But for Gene and Ruth Ann that was not an option. Johnny quickly won the hearts and adoration of the Stallings family and everyone who took the time to know him, and, proving the doctors wrong by leading an active life, he became a vital and important part of his family, his community, and his father′s career. With intimate glimpses of family life and thrilling football anecdotes, ANOTHER SEASON is brimming with poignant lessons about defying the odds and finding joy in every moment.