- Renowned Pediatrician & Parenting Expert
Dr. William Sears, one of America′s most renowned pediatricians, is the father of eight children, the author of more than 30 books on child care, and an associate clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. A pediatrician for nearly three decades, he lives and practices in California.
Sears received his pediatric training at Harvard Medical School′s Children′s Hospital in Boston and The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, the largest children′s hospital in the world. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Royal College of Pediatricians.
In addition to writing books and scientific articles, Sears is a medical and parenting consultant to BabyTalk and Parenting magazines. He is particularly enthusiastic about the Web′s ability to reach mothers and fathers where they live.
“With the advent of managed care, parents often find that their pediatrician is not so accessible for medical advice, so they turn to other sources,” says Sears. “The Web, I believe, is the modern resource for parenting information. Not instead of a child′s doctor, but as an additional resource.”
His goal as Parenting.com′s pediatric expert? “I′d like parents to think of me as their live-in pediatrician, easily accessible online for the most common problems they face. This new avenue for information is always current and I′m excited to give parents the most up-to-date, groundbreaking news.”
“Dr. Bill” – as his patients call him – has been a guest on over 100 television shows including 20/20, Good Morning America, Oprah Winfrey, Today Show and Dateline.
Sears and his wife — frequent coauthor, Martha Sears, R.N. — are best known for their nine most recent books, The Successful Child, The Pregnancy Book, The Birth Book, The Baby Book, The Discipline Book, Parenting the Fussy Baby, The A.D.D. Book, The Breastfeeding Book, and The Family Nutrition Book.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Dr. William Sears needs 6 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: find a speaker in your local area to save on travel costs. Most speakers will also reduce their keynote fee for local events. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Dr. Sampson Davis Growing up in Newark, New Jersey, Dr. Sampson Davis was surrounded by poverty, broken families and drug-related crime. He managed to walk the tightrope between…
- Kimberly Bryant Kimberly Bryant is engineering a solution to the lack of diversity in the tech industry through her non-profit organization Black Girls CODE. A seasoned leader…
- Dr. Aaron Carroll Leading pediatrician and Director of the Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research at Indiana University School of Medicine, Dr. Aaron Carroll has built a…
THANK YOU for your consistent communication, organization, and hard work. It truly has been a pleasure partnering with you too, we would love to stay connected with you for future events.
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.