Dr. Drew Pinsky is a practicing physician, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, and Board Certified in Addiction Medicine. Pinsky is also Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Keck USC School of Medicine.
Pinsky starred in the hit reality series Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew which chronicled the struggle for sobriety and the cycle of addictive disorders of a group of celebrities. The sixth installment of the series Rehab with Dr. Drew followed the real-life experiences of everyday people who are struggling with addiction as they undergo detoxification and treatment.
In December 2010 Dr. Drew Pinsky joined HLN as the host of his own nightly show Dr. Drew On Call where he continues to attract audiences and explores what makes people do what they do. Dr. Drew is also the host of the nationally syndicated radio show Loveline where he has been taking calls from listeners about love, sex and relationships for over 25 years.
Additionally, Pinsky hosts the Dr. Drew Podcast, which is currently the #1 health podcast on iTunes. Dr. Drew also co-hosts the Adam and Dr. Drew Podcast with his former Loveline co-host Adam Carolla. Most recently, Dr. Drew began hosting KABC’s Dr. Drew Live Midday with Mike Catherwood which officially launched January 2015.
Pinsky is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Mirror Effect: How Celebrity Narcissism is Seducing America (Harper-Collins) and Cracked: Putting Broken Lives Together Again (Harper-Collins). Dr. Drew co-authored the first academic study on celebrities and narcissism. The study was published in the Journal of Research in Personality (Elsevier) and received worldwide press coverage. His latest book is Recovering Intimacy (Atria).
Dr. Pinsky received his undergraduate degree from Amherst College and his M.D. from the University of Southern California, School of Medicine, where he remained for his residency. Pinsky then became chief resident at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Addiction Medicine and the American Board of Internal Medicine. He has been appointed to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and is a Fellow with the American College of Physicians (FACP). Dr. Drew is also a member of the board for the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
Pinsky lives in Pasadena, California with his wife Susan and has triplets attending various universities.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Dr. Drew Pinksy needs 6 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: find a speaker in your local area to save on travel costs. Most speakers will also reduce their keynote fee for local events. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Tavis Smiley One of the most influential philanthropists and human rights activists to come out of media, Tavis Smiley is a driving force for political justice, youth…
- LeVar Burton In the past 30 years, LeVar Burton has done it all - from acting to directing and even producing. He has appeared in numerous television…
- Hector Elizondo An actor of boundless range, Hector Elizondo is perhaps best known for his Emmy-award winning portrayal of hospital administrator Dr. Philip Watters on CBS’s Chicago…
Everyone at your speakers bureau was incredibly attentive and easy to work with; you have been a conference organizer's dream!
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.