- Actor, director, author, singer. Born on March 22, 1931, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Perhaps best known for his roles on Boston Legal and Star Trek, William Shatner is one of the most recognizable stars working today. His distinctive voice and cadence have been the subject of many imitations, spoofs, and parodies—all contributing to his status as a pop icon. In addition to being an Emmy Award-winning actor, he has also written numerous books, directed several projects, and even recorded a few albums.
In addition to acting, Shatner has experienced great success as an author. During the writers’ strike of 1987, he transformed a screenplay idea into a novel. The result was TekWar (1989), a work of science fiction featuring a middle-aged private detective working in the twenty-second century. More Tek titles followed and were later adapted for television. More recently, Shatner has worked with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens to create a series of Star Trek novels.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
William Shatner needs 5 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: find a speaker in your local area to save on travel costs. Most speakers will also reduce their keynote fee for local events. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Samuel Jackson One of the most quoted and prolific actors of our time, Samuel L. Jackson has rewritten African Americans’ place in Hollywood through his unforgettable portrayals…
- Wayne Brady Actor, improviser, singer and dancer, renowned for his work on television, film and the stage, multi-Emmy winner Wayne Brady is a true Renaissance celebrity of…
- Jane Fonda Screen legend, political activist, and fitness guru, Jane Fonda has inspired people around the world promoting a greater understanding of our common humanity through her…
Our Account Executive is an extraordinary person. Always available, very kind and funny. Eager to help and always quick to respond. I have so much fun working with him. A very delightful experience. I hope continue working together for years to come!
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
Shatner Rules: Your Key to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large
You love William Shatner.
You admire his many and varied talents.
You appreciate his creativity and willingness to take risks.
You want to learn his master negotiation techniques.
You wish you could hang out with him.
Admit it. You want to BE William Shatner.
And now...you can (almost).
This collection of rules, illustrated with stories from Bill′s illustrious life and career, will show you how Bill became WILLIAM SHATNER, larger than life and bigger than any role he ever played. Shatner Rules is your guide to becoming William Shatner. Or more accurately, beautifully Shatneresque.
Because let′s face it...Shatner does rule, doesn′t he?
Up till Now: The Autobiography
The New York Times bestseller
After almost sixty years as an actor, William Shatner has become one of the most beloved entertainers in the world. It was the original Star Trek series, and later its films, that made Shatner an internationally known figure, but he neither began nor ended his career with Captain Kirk. He straddled the classic world of the theater and the new world of television. He stepped in for Christopher Plummer in Shakespeare’s Henry V and stared at “something on the wing” in a classic episode of The Twilight Zone. And since then, he’s gone on to star in numerous successful shows, including T. J. Hooker, Rescue 911, and most recently, Boston Legal.
In this touching and very funny autobiography, William Shatner reveals the man behind these unforgettable moments and tells us how he’s become the worldwide star and acclaimed actor he is today.