- Actor, director, author, singer. Born on March 22, 1931, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Perhaps best known for his roles on Boston Legal and Star Trek, William Shatner is one of the most recognizable stars working today. His distinctive voice and cadence have been the subject of many imitations, spoofs, and parodies—all contributing to his status as a pop icon. In addition to being an Emmy Award-winning actor, he has also written numerous books, directed several projects, and even recorded a few albums.
In addition to acting, Shatner has experienced great success as an author. During the writers’ strike of 1987, he transformed a screenplay idea into a novel. The result was TekWar (1989), a work of science fiction featuring a middle-aged private detective working in the twenty-second century. More Tek titles followed and were later adapted for television. More recently, Shatner has worked with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens to create a series of Star Trek novels.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
William Shatner needs 4 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus provide added value that you cannot get by booking speakers directly. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- John Cleese John Cleese is one of the world's most instantly recognizable comic celebrities and writers. His work on the groundbreaking and iconic Monty Python's Flying Circus,…
- Kevin Spacey Spacey won the Evening Standard and Olivier Awards for Best Actor for his role in “The Iceman Cometh,” as well as a Tony Award for…
- Bobby Flay Celebrity chef Bobby Flay has redefined the way many people think of healthy food. The Food Network personality and owner of multiple restaurants is famous…
It was an extreme pleasure to work with our account rep. She was friendly, flexible, and knowledgeable about all their speakers. She made the process simple. I cannot begin to put into words the impact that our speaker had on our audience. People are still taking about his presentation and his program set a standard on all diversity programs.
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
Shatner Rules: Your Key to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large
You love William Shatner.
You admire his many and varied talents.
You appreciate his creativity and willingness to take risks.
You want to learn his master negotiation techniques.
You wish you could hang out with him.
Admit it. You want to BE William Shatner.
And now...you can (almost).
This collection of rules, illustrated with stories from Bill′s illustrious life and career, will show you how Bill became WILLIAM SHATNER, larger than life and bigger than any role he ever played. Shatner Rules is your guide to becoming William Shatner. Or more accurately, beautifully Shatneresque.
Because let′s face it...Shatner does rule, doesn′t he?
Up till Now: The Autobiography
The New York Times bestseller
After almost sixty years as an actor, William Shatner has become one of the most beloved entertainers in the world. It was the original Star Trek series, and later its films, that made Shatner an internationally known figure, but he neither began nor ended his career with Captain Kirk. He straddled the classic world of the theater and the new world of television. He stepped in for Christopher Plummer in Shakespeare’s Henry V and stared at “something on the wing” in a classic episode of The Twilight Zone. And since then, he’s gone on to star in numerous successful shows, including T. J. Hooker, Rescue 911, and most recently, Boston Legal.
In this touching and very funny autobiography, William Shatner reveals the man behind these unforgettable moments and tells us how he’s become the worldwide star and acclaimed actor he is today.