Author of the #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and BusinessWeek Bestseller, The 4-Hour Workweek
- Princeton University guest lecturer in High-Tech Entrepreneurship and Electrical Engineering
- Finance and Entrepreneurship advisor at Singularity University at NASA Ames, co-founded by Peter Diamandis and Ray Kurzweil.
- First American in history to hold a Guinness World Record in tango
- Speaker of 5 languages (6 if he’s reactivating something previously studied)
- National Chinese kickboxing champion
- Horseback archer (yabusame) in Nikko, Japan
- 2009 Henry Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute
- Political asylum researcher
- MTV breakdancer in Taiwan
- Hurling competitor in Ireland
- Wired Magazine’s “Greatest Self-Promoter of 2008″
- Actor on hit TV series in mainland China and Hong Kong (“Human Cargo”)
Timothy Ferriss, nominated as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Business People of 2007” and Forbes Magazine’s “Names You Need to Know in 2011,” is an angel investor (Facebook, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Evernote, Uber, etc.) and author of the new #1 New York Times bestseller, The 4-Hour Body. He is also author of the #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and BusinessWeek bestseller, The 4-Hour Workweek, which has been sold into 35 languages. He is listed as #13 in the “100 Most Influential VCs, Angels & Investors” rankings.
Newsweek calls Tim “the world’s best guinea pig,” which he takes a compliment.
Tim has been featured by more than 100 media outlets–including The New York Times, The Economist, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, CNN, and CBS–and has been a popular guest lecturer at Princeton University since 2003, where he presents entrepreneurship as a tool for ideal lifestyle design and world change.
He is also an active education reformer and has architected experimental social media campaigns such as LitLiberation to out-fundraise traditional media figures like Stephen Colbert 3-to-1 at zero cost, building schools overseas and financing more than 25,000 US students in the process. He is on the advisory board of DonorsChoose.org, an educational non-profit and the first charity to make the Fast Company list of 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
Tim has been invited to speak at some of the world’s most innovative organizations, including Google, MIT, Harvard Business School, Nike, PayPal, Facebook, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Microsoft, Ask.com, Nielsen, Princeton University, the Wharton School, and the Stanford Graduate School of Business. He has also been invited to speak and keynote at world-renowned technology summits including EG, FOO Camp, E-Tech, Supernova, LeWeb, and the Web 2.0 Exposition, where he shared the stage with figures like Eric Schmidt, Chairman of the Board of Google, and Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.
Tim has amassed a diverse (and certainly odd) roster of experiences:
Tim received his BA from Princeton University in 2000, where he studied in the Neuroscience and East Asian Studies departments. He developed his nonfiction writing with Pulitzer Prize winner John McPhee and formed his life philosophies under Nobel Prize winner Kenzaburo Oe.
Please note that while this speaker’s specific fee falls within the range posted (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus provide added value that you cannot get by booking speakers directly.”
- Dr. Deepak Chopra As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of over sixty-five books with nineteen New York Times best sellers in both the fiction and non fiction categories, his latest book, The Soul...
- Julie Stav Julie Stav, Financial Expert & New York Times Best-Selling Author For the more than 41 million Hispanics in the United States, Julie Stav is not only a financial expert and educator, she is considered by many as a leader and inspirational role model, creating a following that now wishes to emulate her image and success....
- Richard Branson Richard Branson bootstrapped his way from record-shop owner to head of the Virgin empire. Now he′s focusing his boundless energy on saving our environment. The face, spirit, and entrepreneurial mastermind behind Virgin, one of the world’s most dynamic brands, Richard Branson is known for his unique vision, competitive style, and showy nature – not only...
"Tim is Indiana Jones for the digital age. I′ve already used his advice to go spearfishing on remote islands and ski the best hidden slopes of Argentina. Simply put, do what he says and you can live like a millionaire."
UBS World Headquarters
"Tim has packed more lives into his 29 years [at time of publication] than Steve Jobs has in his 51."
Journalist and Publisher of SiliconValleyWatcher.com
"The 4-Hour Workweek is an absolute necessity for those adventurous souls who want to live life to its fullest. Buy it and read it before you sacrifice any more!"
Group Product Manager,
Microsoft World Headquarters
"[Ferriss] has become a pet guru of Silicon Valley, precisely by preaching apostasy in the land of shiny gadgets: just pull the plug. Crawl out from beneath the reams of data. Stand firm against the torrent of information."
The New York Times
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
- How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
- How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
- More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
- Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
- How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
- The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life builds upon Timothy Ferriss′s internationally successful “4-hour” series by transforming the way we cook, eat, and--most important--learn. Ferriss, nominated as one of Fast Company′s “Most Innovative Business People of 2007” and Forbes magazine′s “Names You Need to Know in 2011,” is author of the #1 New York Times best sellers The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Workweek, the latter of which has been translated into 35 languages and has been on the New York Times Bestsellers list for more than four years unbroken.
Featuring recipes and cooking tricks from world-renowned chefs, interspersed with the radically counterintuitive advice Ferriss′s fans have come to expect, The 4-Hour Chef is a practical but unusual guide to mastering food and cooking, whether you are a seasoned pro or a blank-slate novice.
Beyond that, it is designed to be "the cookbook for people who don′t buy cookbooks." The 4-Hour Chef will teach Ferriss′s approach to learning any skill in minimum time, which is what his 1,000,000+ monthly blog readers have most requested he write about for nearly five years. Readers of this new book, using food as a vehicle, will learn the art and science of meta-learning--the skill of learning skills.
Last but not least, this book also refines and showcases the very best recipes and hacks based on Ferriss′s The Slow-Carb Diet, which hundreds of thousands of his readers around the world have tested for performance enhancement and fat loss (many have lost 100+ pounds since December 2010).
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?
Is it possible to:
Reach your genetic potential in 6 months?
Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours?
Lose more fat than a marathoner by bingeing?
Indeed, and much more. This is not just another diet and fitness book.
The 4-Hour Body is the result of an obsessive quest, spanning more than a decade, to hack the human body. It contains the collective wisdom of hundreds of elite athletes, dozens of MDs, and thousands of hours of jaw-dropping personal experimentation. From Olympic training centers to black-market laboratories, from Silicon Valley to South Africa, Tim Ferriss, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek, fixated on one life-changing question:
For all things physical, what are the tiniest changes that produce the biggest results?
Thousands of tests later, this book contains the answers for both men and women. From the gym to the bedroom, it’s all here, and it all works.
The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
More than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content.
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, or just living more and working less, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
The 4-Hour Workweek
- Upgrade your work environment to value performance over presence, increasing profits while reducing burnout and turnover
- Discover how to double output in 48 hours with strategic task elimination
- Management secrets of Remote Control CEOs
- Fill the void and creating meaning after removing work and the office
- Achieve work-life ′separation′ (vs. ′balance,′ which doesn′t work) and reclaim time
Whether you′re an overworked employee/manager or an entrepreneur trapped in your own business, The 4-Hour Workweek is the compass for a new and revolutionary world.
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan - there is no need to wait and every reason not to. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, high-end world travel, monthly five-figure income with zero management, or just living more and working less, this program is the blueprint. You can have it all - really.
Since his debut presentation on The 4-Hour Workweek at the world-famous SXSW Interactive conference on March 12, 2007, Tim has been invited to speak at some of the world′s most innovative organizations, including Google, MIT, Harvard Business School, PayPal, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Microsoft, Ask.com, Nielsen, Princeton University, the Wharton School, and the Stanford Graduate School of Business. He has also been invited to speak and keynote at world-renowned technology summits including FOO Camp, E-Tech, Supernova, and the Web 2.0 Exposition, where he shared the stage with figures like Eric Schmidt, Chairman of the Board of Google, and Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.
In The 4-Hour Workweek, learn how to: