A teenager when his father assumed the reins of the presidency from Richard Nixon, Ford left the White House at age eighteen to pursue his dream of being a cowboy on cattle ranches out west, followed closely by his ten secret service agents. He later went on to a successful acting career, appearing in over thirty movies including Contact, Armageddon, Starship Troopers, Black Hawk Down, and playing Meg Ryan′s boyfriend in When Harry Met Sally. Ford also appeared for six years on the Emmy Award-winning daytime drama The Young and the Restless, was host of the NBC show Secret Service, and has had many guest leads on shows such as JAG, Dr. Quinn, and Suddenly Susan.
As a speaker, Ford shares a broad range of inspirational stories, including how the family dealt with Betty Ford′s battles with alcoholism and breast cancer, his own successful fight to overcoming alcoholism, and the Nixon Pardon. He also offers humorous anecdotes regarding his ten Secret Service Agents, plus provides firsthand details about life on the set of some of Hollywood′s biggest movies.
One of Ford′s most rewarding roles has been that of student motivational speaker, a role his three nieces challenged him to accept. Taking time off from his Hollywood career, Ford began traveling across the country to deliver a strong message to students, urging them to develop a deeper vision of character and correct choices. He discusses openly how the Ford Family dealt with Betty Ford′s struggle with alcoholism. He also walks students through the early habits he formed during his middle school, high school, and college years that led to his own addiction to alcohol. He speaks openly of the high price that′s paid for bad choices about drugs and alcohol; he also shares tools and actionable tasks that lead to a life lived with personal integrity and boundaries.
Within each of Ford′s stories, the focus is always on character, integrity, and the strong family bonds that led to his family′s success. It′s an insider′s view of life in the public eye, featuring many historic and never-before-seen photos, slides, and videos. Described as a cross between The History Channel and The Book of Virtues, Ford continually focuses on the importance of character, integrity and right choices. His one-of-a-kind presentation inspires people to be open to change and transformation and addresses aspects of the person as a whole, including both career and family roles.
Please note that while this speaker’s specific fee falls within the range posted (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: some speakers might provide one of their popular book titles as a free gift to your audience.”
- Theresa Behenna Theresa Behenna is an award winning motivational speaker, internationally acclaimed pianist, author, emcee, recording artist and cool blogger. Laid off from an office job during a recession in her native country Australia, Theresa began playing piano anywhere that paid and ended up touring the world. Armed with a positive attitude, a passion for performance and...
- Andrew Bennett What do you get when you combine a decade of experience as a corporate executive, 20 years as a leadership and organizational performance coach and consultant, over 40 years as a world-class magician, and an inspiring life story? You get one-of-a-kind inspirational magician, Andrew Bennett. The Magic of Andrew Bennett is a set of principles...
- Greg Bennick Greg Bennick makes people laugh while inviting them to think. He speaks about getting involved in ideas, leadership, and creativity. He follows up his words with actions: he recently returned from a humanitarian aid trip from Haiti where he was part of the crew for the Schooner Liberty. They were one of the first private...
- Your ability to captivate an audience is truly an exceptional gift. We have received rave reviews from numerous donors about your presentation. You are clearly very aware of the importance of philanthropy and that donors need to be recognized. They were touched by your message and applaud your efforts to inspire others to express their compassion and concern for those around them. Thank you for helping us make the meeting a huge success.
The Community Hospital Independent Endowment Fund
Steve′s interjection of humor in his talk about integrity, family, and the importance of giving back to the community was a perfect blend of approachability and seriousness. He mingled with donors, talked to everyone, and was very gracious.
Young Leadership Group, The United Way of Central Ohio
Steve is such a genuine person - it was easy for everyone to ′connect′ with him and his powerful message. He does an excellent job of driving home what he has experienced in a way that all ages can relate to.
Thunder Ridge High School
I have observed the positive impact Steve′s presentations have had on the students and staff. Students came to think of Steve as a friend.
High School Counselor
Your message of making the best of yourself and strong values are just the kind of messages young people need to hear. We heard it loud and clear.
High School Student
His talk helped us direct several at-risk students to seek the help they need.
High School Principal
The slide and video images drove your points home. Excellent way to reach students today.
GETTING BACK IN THE GAME
- An Evening with Steve Ford
- Alcoholism: My Story
- Writing The Vision/Script For Your Life With Character
- Inside The White House and Hollywood...Getting To The Top With Character
- Leadership with Character
One Day At A Time
Steve Ford spent several years living at America′s most famous address, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and also 25 years as an actor in Hollywood working on such films as WHEN HARRY MET SALLY, TRANSFORMERS and BLACKHAWK DOWN. Steve will share the lessons he learned as the son of President Gerald R. Ford and also his iconic mother, Betty Ford. How the Ford family dealt with their mother′s bouts with alcoholism and the legacy she left in the treatment community. Steve will also share his own journey to 16 years of sobriety and the tools he uses today.
This session takes you on a wonderful journey of rethinking your life with inspirational stories about your own personal character and daily choices. Within all of these lessons Steve lets you in on the behind the scenes life of a family in the White House and also his life in Hollywood.
Inside The White House and Hollywood: Getting to the Top with Character
During this presentation, Steve Ford will share the tools of his own success in Hollywood as an accomplished actor, and those of his parents, former President Gerald Ford & Betty Ford.
Steve′s presentation will focus on such issues as leadership, overcoming adversity, the value of a strong family unit, living with values and character, setting and juggling priorities, and making the right choices in life.
Steve′s unique perspective of life as the President′s son encompasses a broad range of fascinating subjects: being 18 years old and having 10 Secret Service agents as constant companions ... his father′s leadership in taking over the reins of the presidency following the resignation of Richard Nixon ... two assassination attempts on his father′s life ... his mother′s bouts with alcoholism and breast cancer.
Other Suggested Speaking Topics: