Find Speakers :
- Note: Mr. Adams only considers speaking engagements in the Western United States
Scott Adams is best known as the creator of the Dilbert comic strip, the immensely popular comic creation launched in 1989. The strip is enjoyed daily by 150 million people in 1,900 newspapers, in 56 countries.
Adams has a unique track record of creating success in a variety of diverse businesses. The Dilbert comic strip was Adams' first attempt at a comic strip. No other contemporary cartoonist has achieved as much popularity, or had as much impact on the consciousness of readers. Adams' first attempt at writing a book, The Dilbert Principle, became a number one New York Times best seller and one of the top selling business books of all time. Over 10 million Dilbert books have been sold, including four business titles and twelve comic reprint collections. The Dilbert Zone web site, managed by United Media, was the first syndicated comic strip site on the web, and one of the first web sites to turn a profit. Adams' vision of an advertiser-supported daily comic on the web became a model for other cartoonists who followed.
Adams was co-executive producer of the Dilbert animated television show on the UPN network, a solid hit that ran for two years. Working with United Media, Adams has guided the design of hundreds of licensed Dilbert products, from coffee mugs to dolls to computer games. Dilbert is one of the biggest character licensing phenomena of recent times.
Adams and a business partner opened a successful restaurant, Stacey's Cafe, in 1998. It has become one of the most popular eateries in the Pleasanton, California area. Adams' newest business venture, Scott Adams Foods, promises to be the biggest success yet. It all started with Adams' search for tasty, high-nutrition food that fit the demands of his own 12 hour work days. When it became clear that no such food existed, Adams teamed up with food industry veteran Jack Parker to create a solution. The result is the “DILBERITO”, a delicious, hand-held, microwaveable food with 100% Daily Value for 23 essential vitamins and minerals. Adams and Parker plan to redefine what people expect from food, raising the bar for the rest of the food industry, and contributing to the health of the world. They plan to make money, too.
Graduating from Hartwick College in 1979 with a B.A. in economics, Adams worked for more than eight years at Crocker National Bank in San Francisco. Going to school at night, Adams finished the M.B.A. program at the University of California, Berkeley and joined Pacific Bell in 1986, where he worked more than eight years until leaving to work on Dilbert full time.
Starting with his teen years, Adams' jobs have included cow herder, sap gatherer, gardener, snow shoveler, dish washer, bus boy, hotel desk clerk, security guard, bank teller, computer programmer, budget manager, financial analyst, loan officer, product manager, project manager, lab technical support, cartoonist, author, public speaker, restaurateur and now CEO of Scott Adams Foods.
Please note that while this speaker’s specific fee falls within the range posted (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus provide added value that you cannot get by booking speakers directly.”
- Craig Ferguson Craig Ferguson entered the world of late night comedy following a diverse and eclectic career that encompasses film, television and the stage. Since taking the helm of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on January 3, 2005, the show has set all-time viewer records and achieved the highest ratings since the show′s inception in...
- Al Franken You might know Al Franken as an award-winning satirist and author. You might know him as the host of Air America Radio′s “The Al Franken Show,” the network′s flagship program that helped put progressive talk radio on the map. And if you′re a Minnesotan, you might know him from bumping into him at a DFL...
- Kevin Nealon With his unique sense of humor, profound dry wit and likeable demeanor, Kevin Nealon has established himself as one of the premiere television, theatrical and stand-up comedians of his generation. As a cast member of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (1986-1995), Kevin is most recognized for the characters he created, including; ‘The Subliminal Man,’ ‘Hans and Franz,’...
- Comedy, Cubicles and Corporate Life
The Dilbert comic strip has been called, “the best window into the reality of corporate life that I’ve ever seen,” by Mike Hammer, co-author of Reengineering the Corporation. Chances are you have one or two of the side-splitting strips pinned up on your wall at work right now. With the scathing humor for which he’s best known, Scott Adams takes audiences along on his long, strange journey from cubicle dweller to creator of Dilbert, the character with which hundreds of thousands of desk jockeys everywhere have groaningly identified. Adams jokes about the cartoons that didn′t make it past the editors (rated PG) and his secret tips for success that you "won′t hear anywhere else." Well-versed in the business issues of the day, he also takes questions from the audience.