- Robin Virginia Wright was born in Dallas, Texas, but grew up in San Diego, California. She started her professional career as a model in 1980 at age 14, and worked both in Paris and Japan. After finishing high school she decided to become an actress. She got a role on the soap opera Santa Barbara (1984), for which she was nominated three times for a Daytime Emmy. During the first season of the show, she fell in love with fellow cast member Dane Witherspoon, whom she married in 1986, the same year she was listed as one of twelve Promising New Actors of 1986 in John Willis′ Screen World.
She shot to stardom after her roles as Buttercup in The Princess Bride and Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump, the latter role garnering her Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild nominations for Best Supporting Actress. Wright was offered the role of Maid Marian in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, but turned it down because she was pregnant. She had to back out of the role of Abby McDeere in The Firm (1993), with Tom Cruise, upon discovering that she was pregnant with her second child (son Hopper Penn).
More recently, Robin starred in the film Moneyball with Brad Pitt. She currently is filming the TV series House of Cards, where she plays the role of Claire Underwood.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Robin Wright needs 14 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus provide added value that you cannot get by booking speakers directly. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Leeza Gibbons After more than 30 years of being in front of audiences, Leeza Gibbons is still at the top of her game. Perhaps best known for…
- John Stossel ABC Co-anchor and Correspondent for 20/20 John Stossel joined Fox Business Network (FBN) in 2009. He hosts Stossel, a weekly program highlighting current consumer issues…
- Eva Longoria Well known for her breakout role in the long-running TV series Desperate Housewives, the multi-talented Eva Longoria is a passionate philanthropist and activist for expanding…
Our agent was great to work with. Very easy to reach when needed and promptly returned messages. Thank you for making our event such a big success, we are looking forward to working with you again soon!
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
- Program suggestion:
- A Night with Robin Wright