- Robin Virginia Wright was born in Dallas, Texas, but grew up in San Diego, California. She started her professional career as a model in 1980 at age 14, and worked both in Paris and Japan. After finishing high school she decided to become an actress. She got a role on the soap opera Santa Barbara (1984), for which she was nominated three times for a Daytime Emmy. During the first season of the show, she fell in love with fellow cast member Dane Witherspoon, whom she married in 1986, the same year she was listed as one of twelve Promising New Actors of 1986 in John Willis′ Screen World.
She shot to stardom after her roles as Buttercup in The Princess Bride and Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump, the latter role garnering her Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild nominations for Best Supporting Actress. Wright was offered the role of Maid Marian in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, but turned it down because she was pregnant. She had to back out of the role of Abby McDeere in The Firm (1993), with Tom Cruise, upon discovering that she was pregnant with her second child (son Hopper Penn).
More recently, Robin starred in the film Moneyball with Brad Pitt. She currently is filming the TV series House of Cards, where she plays the role of Claire Underwood.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Robin Wright needs 5 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: ask your speaker to do a book signing or attend a VIP meal with your guests. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- John Stossel ABC Co-anchor and Correspondent for 20/20 John Stossel joined Fox Business Network (FBN) in 2009. He hosts Stossel, a weekly program highlighting current consumer issues…
- Marlee Matlin Critically acclaimed performer Marlee Matlin became the first and only deaf performer to ever win an Academy Award for acting. The Hollywood newcomer took the…
- Shirley MacLaine Bestselling author, Academy Award-winning actress, and Broadway veteran, Shirley MacLain is one of Hollywood’s most iconic stars. The accomplished performer has appeared in more than…
Our client rep was a pleasure to work with. He was well organized and kept me updated every step of the way. The level of professionalism and the quality of the materials received were excellent. I will be in touch for future speakers!
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
- Program suggestion:
- A Night with Robin Wright