- Paul Kurtz is a Partner and COO of Good Harbor and a recognized cyber security and homeland security expert. He served in senior positions on the White House′s National Security and Homeland Security Councils under Presidents Clinton and Bush.
Individual: Paul Kurtz is the COO of Good Harbor, advising clients on cyber-security and homeland security issues. Kurtz joins Good Harbor, Kurtz after serving as the founding Executive Director of the Cyber Security Industry Alliance (CSIA), an advocacy group dedicated to ensuring the privacy, reliability and integrity of information systems through public policy, technology, education and awareness. Prior to joining CSIA, Kurtz most recently was special assistant to the President and senior director for critical infrastructure protection on the White House’s Homeland Security Council (HSC), where he was responsible for both physical and cyber security.
Before joining HSC in 2003, Kurtz served on the White House’s National Security Council (NSC) as senior director for national security of the Office of Cyberspace Security and a member of the President’s Critical Infrastructure Protection Board, where he developed the international component of the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace. Previously, he was a director for counterterrorism in the NSC’s Office of Transnational Threats from 1999-2001.
Prior to his White House work, Kurtz served in several bureaus in the State Department, specializing in weapons of mass destruction non-proliferation policy and strategic arms control. He also served as political advisor to Operation Provide Comfort in Incirlik, Turkey, and as science attaché in Vienna, Austria. He participated in several arms control inspection teams, traveling to Iraq and North Korea.
Kurtz received his Bachelor′s degree from Holy Cross College and his Master′s degree in International Public Policy from Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Paul Kurtz needs 4 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus provide added value that you cannot get by booking speakers directly. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Alex Pentland Alex 'Sandy' Pentland has helped create and direct MIT’s Media Lab, the Media Lab Asia, and the Center for Future Health. He chairs the World…
- Jay Walker Jay Walker is one of the best-known business entrepreneurs and inventors. Holding more than 700 issued and pending international and U.S. patents, Walker is the…
- Steven Levy As senior editor of Newsweek and columnist for Wired Magazine, Steven Levy has been at the forefront of technology, the people who make it, and…
SPEAKING.com has been one of the most outstanding speaker agencies I have had in my 25+ years in the hospitality industry. They have helped my company secure speakers for years to the delight of my attendees. SPEAKING.com has been able to get us high profile speakers even within the confines of a tight turnaround and an even tighter budget. I recommend their services without hesitation. Great asset to any conference or event.
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.