- SuperBowl Champion Michael Strahan recently signed with Fox Sports to serve as a studio analyst on the Fox NFL Sunday Pregame Show.
Michael retired from the NFL after completing his 15th season with the NY Giants and helped lead the team to their dramatic SuperBowl win over the New England Patriots. Michael had a great 2007 season, as he was once again, among the lead leaders in sacks, and served as the leader of one of the top defenses in the NFL.
In 2006, Michael suffered an injury which shortened a very promising season. In 2005, Michael was once again among the lead leaders in sacks, and earned his 7th trip to the Pro Bowl. Prior to a season ending injury after the 8th game in 2004, Michael was a dominant force for the Giants defense. During the 2003 season he was named to his 6th Pro Bowl and led the NFL in sacks. In 2001, Michael completed what is widely considered to be one of the greatest seasons ever for a defensive player. Michael broke the 18 year-old NFL single-season sack record with 22.5 sacks. The perennial Pro-Bowler and charismatic leader of the New York Giants, Michael was named the NFL’s 2001 Player of the Year by Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated and named 2001 Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. He became the first New York Giant to win the award since Lawrence Taylor.
In addition to appearing on the various sports television and radio shows, Michael also hosted a family oriented show on the Do It Yourself Network, called “Backyard Stadiums,” where Michael and his co-host show up in various neighborhoods and build batting cages, putting greens, etc.
Strahan also hosted two shows on the YES Network, one called “Sack and Renovate” where he took people inside his 100 year old home and talked about the renovation process and his passion for antiques, and the other called “Giants on Deck,” a show geared towards kids.
Strahan is also extremely generous with his time, donating hours and goodwill to numerous charities in the metropolitan area.
The Michael Strahan Foundation is dedicated to assisting disadvantaged youths in the greater New York metropolitan area by raising funds, through its annual Michael Strahan/Dreier LLP Charity Golf Tournament, for the benefit of select organizations that provide opportunities in safety and wellness, education and recreation.
Strahan is actively involved with national charity organizations such as the American Cancer Society, the Children’s Miracle Network, Housing Enterprises for the Less Privileged (H.E.L.P.), and the Starlight Children’s Foundation. Michael was inducted into the Starlight Hall of Fame in recognition of his support of Starlight’s Mission and programs.
Michael has been one of the most visible and vocal leaders in the aftermath of the World Trade Center tragedy. As the player representative of the Giants, Michael led the charge in calling for the league to cancel their upcoming games. He was also instrumental in the decision of the NFL Players Association for all NFL Players to donate one weeks pay to charity. Michael was also involved in the “New York Restoration Project”, a charity organization dedicated to the preservation of one of America’s finest cities. The project, founded by Bette Midler 6 years ago, has increased its efforts since the September 11th terrorist attacks.
As a senior at Texas Southern, Michael was selected first team All-America by the Associated Press when he recorded 62 tackles with a school-record 19 quarterback sacks and 32 tackles totaling 142 yards in losses. Michael was born in Houston, Texas but spent most of his youth in Germany, where his father Gene was stationed in the U.S. Army before retiring in 1985 to enter private business in that country.
Suggested Speaking Topics:
- Commitment and Sacrifice
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Michael Strahan needs 14 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: find a speaker in your local area to save on travel costs. Most speakers will also reduce their keynote fee for local events. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Herman Cain With a three-decade track record of smart business decisions and corporate executive excellence, Herman Cain is a shining example of the American Dream. Growing up…
- Brian Billick Passion and accountability is the mantra of Brian Billick, the coach whose leadership qualities transformed the Baltimore Ravens and took them to Super Bowl victory…
- Michael Beschloss Described by Newsweek as “the nation's leading Presidential historian," Michael Beschloss is an award-winning historian, author of nine bestselling books and NBC News special correspondent.…
Everyone at your speakers agency were professional and helpful throughout the process, making it easy to book, communicate, and prepare for our event.
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
Suggested Speaking Topics:
- Commitment and Sacrifice