Jay Baer is the founder of Convince & Convert, providing social media consulting and training to leading companies and public relations firms world-wide. He has provided Internet marketing and strategy consulting since the inception of the medium in 1994. He has worked with more than 700 companies and organizations, including Nike, Fujitsu, U.S. Senator John McCain and 25 of the Fortune 1000.
He is a frequent conference speaker, and writes the Convince & Convert social media strategy blog, voted one of the world′s top 5 social media blogs (and a Top 100 business blog world-wide). He is also the founder and editor of the Twitter 20 series of live interviews on Twitter.
Jay provides social media strategic planning, social media consulting (blog and content advice, social media ROI analysis, and social media marketing campaigns), and social media training. He has worked with some of the biggest companies in the world, small PR firms, and everything in between. He emphasizes a “tools last, not first” methodology, and a relevant, hype-free style that doesn′t treat social media as all-powerful and infallible.
He has started six companies, including Mighty Interactive, a leading Internet marketing company he sold to Off Madison Ave in 2005. Mighty Interactive has been named Arizona′s best Web Design and Internet Marketing Firm for the past five years by readers of Arizona Business Magazine.
He is a co-chair of the consumer education committee of the Email Experience Council, the leading trade association for email marketing, and is a member of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association. He is on the board of the Northern Arizona Center for Emerging Technologies, and mentors start-up technology businesses across the country. He is a past board member of the American Advertising Federation (the nation′s largest advertising association).
Jay was the co-founder of azfamily.com, one of the country′s largest local Web sites, and was a Vice President in the world′s first virtual Web hosting company. Before getting involved with the Internet, he was a public relations and political consultant.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: ask your speaker to do a book signing or attend a VIP meal with your guests.”
- Ford Saeks Making it today in business is tough, and in order to expand your position or dominate your market, you’ve got to have the right expertise. Drawing from over 25 years of “Street-Smart” experience, Ford Saeks specializes in helping his clients increase performance… double, triple and even quadruple sales… and reach greater success in their business...
- Inma Martinez Inma Martinez is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and corporate advisor. She is considered one of the world’s leading digital media strategists and is currently a partner at Opus Corporate Finance LLP, a leading corporate finance advisory firm providing independent, strategic and creative advice primarily to UK and European mid-market businesses. She is also a recognised...
- Sam Richter Sam Richter is an internationally recognized expert on sales intelligence and online reputation management. His award-winning experience includes building innovative programs for start-up companies, and some of the world’s most famous brands. Sam is founder and CEO of SBR Worldwide/Know More! and the Social Selling Institute. Through his Know More! business improvement program, Sam has...
“This seminar was far and away the best presentation of any type (in-person, white paper, webinar, PPT) that I have ever seen on the topic.”
“This was the best Webinar I’ve ever participated in. I’ve been waiting for a social media online seminar that got beyond the “rah-rah you gotta do it” to the specifics of how to do it and do it well. This was just great!”
“Not only does Jason Baer command extraordinary knowledge and expertise on social media and deep understanding about the implications for PR and marketing across multiple industries, but his ability to capture an audience’s attention and imagination for an entire day is unique. Jason’s energy and enthusiasm for the subject matter is infectious and he converts ordinary folk to believers in a very short amount of time.”
Association of Management Consulting Firms
“We at Strategic America are huge fans of Jay Baer. At our two-day series of staff and client sessions, Jay brought a unique blend of arresting, high-level strategies complemented by many practical, ′we-can-do-this′ type of applications. Jay knows his stuff and is very capable of delivering it well. More importantly, he spent the time to research our agency and our needs, our existing expertise and our opportunities. SA’s experience with Jay was great. We’ll be back for more.”
The NOW Revolution: 7 Shifts to Make Your Business Faster, Smarter and More Social
“The revolution is inside, not just out. This book makes it perfectly clear that social media is not a substitute for TV or PR. Instead, it demands that you change who you are and what you do, not how you talk about it.”
—Seth Godin, author of Meatball Sundae
“Jay and Amber have penned a book that truly isn′t a social media book. In other words, this isn′t the book you pick up when you want to create a blog or Twitter feed or Facebook group; rather, this is the book to read when you need to understand how our newly social and connected world has disrupted business as usual."
—Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs
“The real time revolution is happening all around you whether you choose to join or not. My advice, devour this guide to the revolution and get in the game – NOW!”
—John Jantsch author, Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine
“Action. I no longer read a business book like this seeking thoughts and ideas. I read them to get actionable bits I can employ immediately. ‘Now’ is staring all businesses in the face. It doesn’t matter whether you want to join the conversation. They’re already shouting for you (or AT you). Get this book and heed Baer and Naslund’s advice. Now.”
—Chris Brogan, President, Human Business Works
“This book should be read by every person who thinks social media is merely a new tactic for generating clicks and sales. Baer and Naslund make the case that changes in our world don’t just suggest ways our communication or marketing strategies must be altered but instead require transformation of the enterprise. This isn’t just an inspirational book but a practical one.”
—Augie Ray, Senior Analyst, Forrester, Inc.
“Jay and Amber have gone from two of the best bloggers in the business, to co-authors of one of the best books for business. The question isn′t "if" you should read this, but "when.” And the answer is in the title.”
—Scott Stratten, best-selling author of UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging
7 Ways to Use Social Media to Build Stunning Business & Personal Brands
- Social Media: What It Is and How You Can Use It To Build Successful Brands
- The 6 Dangerous Fallacies of Social Media
- Building Thought Leadership Through Social Networking
- The 7 Social Media Business Models
- Mobile Marketing: 160 Characters To Tell Your Customers You Love Them
- Marketing Sideways to Win at Social Media
- Email and Search Marketing: The Funnel is Dead
- LinkedIn: 22 Ways to Dominate
"Social media" is becoming a colossus that′s now used as a catch-all, scape goat, and savior. Learn the 7 specific ways that social media can be used to transform brands and turn strangers into advocates.
Why Before How: 7 Steps to Creating a Social Media Strategic Plan
Social media is here to stay. Having a logical, comprehensive, defensible strategy for social media involvement and how it integrates with your traditional marketing is a critical component of modern communications. Learn the strategic planning methodology being used by hundreds of companies to help conceptualize and activate sustained social media success well beyond "flavor of the day" tactical executions.
Why Your Customers are Now in Charge of Your Brand
In a world where every customer is a reporter, is any company safe? Today could be the day that your brand is held hostage via Twitter, YouTube or Facebook. Is the customer always right? How you can listen to the conversation, plan a response, and use social media to solve crises.
The Social Media Train: Catch It If You Can
If Facebook were a country, it would be the fourth largest in the world. 20 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. Learn 6 simple truths about social media that will help your company leverage the breathtaking world of social media, instead of being overwhelmed by it.
Other Suggested Speaking Topics: