TV Journalist and Entrepreneur in Health Care
Forrest Sawyer has had a diverse career, first as one of America′s most respected television journalists, and more recently as an entrepreneur in innovative health care.
Mr. Sawyer is today an advisor and board member of Edison Pharmaceuticals, the world leader in the study of mitochondrial disease. He is also a co-founder of Ampere Life Sciences, a newly launched company developing medical and functional foods targeting antioxidant deficiencies. In addition to unique research and development programs, both companies are building innovative communication platforms.
As a journalist, Mr. Sawyer has over 24 years of experience reporting from around the world. He is a veteran of ABC, CBS, and MSNBC. He has anchored the ABC magazine programs Day One and Turning Point, as well as World News Sunday and Good Morning America. For a decade Mr. Sawyer was the primary replacement anchor on ABC′s Nightline.
Mr. Sawyer is the founder of FreeFall Productions, an award-winning documentary production company. He has reported documentaries for ABC News, MSNBC, Frontline and the Discovery Networks. His work includes the acclaimed documentary Return to the Ia Drang, which for the first time brought United States veterans back to a critical Vietnam battlefield to meet their one-time enemies. And in Kosovo, Forrest documented from the battlefield the controversial deployment of Apache helicopters that resulted in the only American casualties of war.
Mr. Sawyer is a veteran war correspondent, having reported on every United States action over the past two decades. In 1990 and 1991 he spent eight months covering the Gulf War, scoring numerous exclusives from Baghdad to Saudi Arabia to Iran; including reports from inside Kuwait City before it was liberated by coalition forces.
His world travels include reports from the Oklahoma City terrorist attack, a report from inside KGB headquarters on the Lee Harvey Oswald Soviet intelligence file, and the attempted coup of Manuel Noriega in Panama. Mr. Sawyer′s work has carried him throughout Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.
Over the course of two decades as a national journalist, Mr. Sawyer has reported extensively on the impact of human activity on the environment. His reports have included an examination of deforestation in the Amazon; water issues in the Everglades; a week-long Discovery Television series on increased tornado and storm activity; and several reports on climate change.
Mr. Sawyer has had numerous honors during his career, including the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award, seven National Emmy Awards, two Sigma Delta Chi Awards, two Edward R. Murrow Awards, an Associated Press Award, an Ohio State Award, an Ark Award, and two American Psychological Association Awards.
Mr. Sawyer has a Master of Education degree from the University of Florida, as well as extensive post-graduate work in environmental science. His Bachelor of Arts degree, also from the University of Florida, is in Eastern philosophy and world religions.
Please note that while this speaker’s specific fee falls within the range posted (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus provide added value that you cannot get by booking speakers directly.”
- Howard Anderson Howard Anderson is a founding partner and the Senior Managing Director of YankeeTek Ventures. He is also the founder of The Yankee Group, a high-technology research and consulting firm, where he served as President and CEO from 1970 until 2000. The Yankee Group was sold to Reuters, a New York Stock Exchange firm. In addition,...
- Barbara Corcoran Barbara Corcoran’s credentials include straight D’s in high school and college and twenty jobs by the time she turned twenty-three. It was her next job that would make her one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country when she took a $1000 loan to start The Corcoran Group. She parlayed that loan into a...
- Daymond John From humble beginnings to a self-made multimillionaire with over $4 billion to date in global product sales and a starring role on ABC’s newest business reality TV show, Shark Tank, Daymond John is the personification of the American Dream. He continues to set standards of excellence while expanding his interests in fashion, branding, marketing, consulting,...
Most Requested Topics:
- Our Changing World
- The Changing Face of Television News
- Forrest Sawyer as Moderator