Find Speakers :
Legendary and Controversial Defense Attorney
F. Lee Bailey, legendary defence attorney, is one of the best known and most controversial figures in the practice of law. He has been involved with many of the most high profile trials in America.
In 1971, when F. Lee Bailey represented Captain Ernest Medina in his court-martial for his involvement in the incident at My Lai, he was already a prominent figure in criminal defense. Bailey had achieved fame for his sucessful defense in the retrial of Dr. Samuel Sheppard (“The Fugitive”) and the trial of the “Boston Strangler”. In those and other publicized trials, Bailey used the media to an extent rarely before seen in legal circles. After Bailey′s successful defense of Captain Medina, he continued to add to his list of celebrated clients which now include SLA kidnapping victim Patty Hearst (defendant in Bailey′s most devastiting courtroom defeat) and O. J. Simpson.
Bailey is the author of three best-selling non-fiction books: “The Defense Never Rests”, “For the Defense” and “Cleared for the Approach” as well as many other respected volumes for law practioners.
On the business front, Mr. Bailey has extensive experience. He is knowledgable of management practices and has had broad experience with unions. He has been President and Principal Shareholder for Enstrom Helicopter Manufacturing Company, Menominee, Michigan; President and Principal Shareholder for TelShare Publishing Company, Chelsea, Massachusetts, a publisher of educational books; Consultant to Fairchild Aircraft, San Antonio; Director and Speical Counsel, Murray Chris Craft Industries, Inc., Sarasota, Florida; President of Palm Beach Roamer, Inc., West Palm Beach, Florida, a re-manufacturer of yachts and airplanes; and Special Counsel to Interstate Chemical, Inc., West Palm Beach, Florida and Mobile, Alabama.
Mr. Bailey has done more than 2,500 lectures on various topics to colleges, universities, conventions, professional groups, and community organizations. He has regularly appeared on television as a host on such programs as “Good Company”, “Good Morning, America”, ABC network shows; host of “The Enemy Within”, RKO syndicated; and host of “Lie Detector”, Columbia Syndicated Television.
Mr. Bailey joined the U.S. Marine Corps where he was a jet fighter pilot aand legal officer. Mr. Bailey has logged more than 15,000 flying hours as an officer and civilian pilot. After attending Harvard College, Mr. Bailey was admitted to the Boston University Law School and graduated as Valedictorian. He was subsequently admitted to the Massachusetts Bar, the Florida Bar, the U.S. Supreme Court, and to all twelve U.S. Court of Appeal.
Please note that while this speaker’s specific fee falls within the range posted (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: ask your speaker to do a book signing or attend a VIP meal with your guests.”
- Lawrence Otis Graham Author and Authority on Diversity Lawrence Otis Graham is a nationally known business author and advisor to companies, business associations, and other organizations on diversity and progressive strategies for managing the changing workplace. He is the author of twelve books including the most recent, Our Kind of People: Inside America′s Black Upper Class (Harper Perennial)...
- Manny Medrano As a reporter/anchor with KTLA News and KNBC News, and a Supreme Court/Legal Affairs correspondent for ABC News, Manny Medrano has covered some of the most important national news stories of the past two decades. With a front row seat to news events, Manny has unique insight into stories that have changed the fabric and...
- Judy Smith America’s Number One Crisis Management Expert Judy A. Smith is the founder and President of Smith and Company, a leading strategic and crisis communications firm with offices in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles. Over the last 25 years, Ms. Smith has brought her unique combination of communication skills, media savvy, legal and political acumen to...
When the Husband Is the Suspect
From the bestselling author of The Defense Never Rests, a look at the modern spate of spousal homicides.
This book provides an overview of several of the most famous homicidal husband cases of recent years, including:
- Sam Sheppard, who inspired the TV series and movie The Fugitive
- Jeffrey McDonald, who became the subject of the bestseller Fatal Vision
- Mister Perfect, Brad Cunningham, who was convicted of bludgeoning his wife to death
- Michael Peterson, who was the subject of the IFC documentary series The Staircase and a Lifetime movie original starring Treat Williams
- OJ Simpson, whose dream team of lawyers defended the former pro-football player and movie star of the brutal murder of his ex-wife as the entire nation watched
- Claus von Bulow, immortalized in the book and movie Reversal of Fortune
- Robert Blake, former TV star, who was suspected of engineering the death of his conwoman wife
- Scott Peterson, a philandering sociopathic husband who almost escaped arrest for the murder of his wife and unborn child.
- Lambert "Bart" Knol, who claimed he suffered from "substance-induced persistent amnesia" when he was accused of killing his wife of 38 years
These cases and others are presented in an objective manner by a knowledgeable voice that recognizes that suspicion, and sometimes even conviction, are not always synonymous with guilt.
The Defense Never Rests
F. Lee Bailey gives an entertaining look at his career, his cases, and his viewpoints on todays issues.