Donald Straszheim is one of the nation’s foremost economists. Principal and Founder of Straszheim Global Advisors (SGA), the company is an independent research firm, focusing on the U.S., China and global economies, business conditions and financial markets, serving the financial community, business, industry and government.
One of SGA’s areas of specialization is China. China is careening down the path toward a market economy, representing both a threat and an opportunity to every industry, corporation and institutional investor. With offices in Beijing and Los Angeles, SGA is able to pull together data, relationships and analytical insights that allow decision makers to better understand China’s growing economic significance.
As ,Chief Economist for Merrill Lynch and Co. from 1985 – 1997, he guided its world-wide economic research effort. Located in New York, Straszheim was the firm’s chief economic spokesperson and the architect of its global economic viewpoint. He was voted ten consecutive years to Institutional Investor’s All-Star Team (equity or fixed income). Straszheim left Wall Street in 1997 to join the Milken Institute (Santa Monica), an economic-and public-policy think tank, serving as President (1997-2002) and as Vice Chairman. Straszheim is widely quoted in the major business and financial media, has been a regular analyst on CNBC, CNN and FOX and a frequent network guest. His perspectives on global economies, business conditions and financial markets are highly sought after by governments and corporations worldwide.
From 2006 to 2008, Straszheim served as Vice Chairman of Roth Capital Partners, a boutique broker-dealer, spearheading its new China initiative, building it from zero to well over half of the company’s business. He regularly interacted with US investors in China as well as with Chinese investors and government officials involved with the US and overseas economies.
In addition to the media, Straszheim is an experienced speaker, having presented his views and judgments on China, the global and US economies and financial markets to hundreds of corporations, trade associations, governmental bodies and financial institutions over the years.
Earlier in his career he held senior positions at Wharton Econometrics (University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Finance), the Weyerhaeuser Company (forest products) and Investors Diversified Services (money management firm now known as American Express Advisors). He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Los Angeles Society of Financial Analysts and serves on various other civic, public and private-sector boards. Straszheim is a Vietnam veteran and was a member of the Purdue University NCAA Championship golf team. He holds a B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. from Purdue University.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Donald Straszheim needs 14 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: speakers bureaus can provide: speaker fee negotiation, insurance, smooth logistics and value add-ons such as extra sessions. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Marci Rossell Dr. Marci Rossell makes sense of recessions and recoveries, giving you the information you need to know to make smart financial moves. Drawing from decades…
- Niall Ferguson Niall Ferguson has an unrivalled record in academia, economic analysis, broadcasting and historical writing. He's the Laurence A.Tisch Professor of History at Harvard University, Senior…
- Ernesto Zedillo Ernesto Zedillo is the director of the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization; professor in the Field of International Economics and Politics; professor of…
I just wanted to send a quick follow-up note to say – THANK YOU! I appreciate your partnership, and perseverance in helping us to find the right speaker for our group. Our speaker was absolutely excellent! The group loved him; it was perfect.
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.
Suggested Speaking Topics:
- The Global Economy