Chris Bashinelli (The Sopranos, HBO) was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. After years of reading headlines about world hunger, human suffering and extreme poverty, he decided to move to Tanzania. Now he travels to impoverished areas worldwide to find out first hand how the other half of the world lives. Chris is the producer and host of Bridge the Gap, an internationally recognized travel series that fosters intercultural dialogue by highlighting stories of every day life from around the world.
Chris traveled to Tanzania with a Sony handy cam and came home with a newfound meaning for life. He returned to New York to face tragedy and within two years would bury his father due to cancer. These turbulent times forced Chris to find meaning, and he did so in Bridge the Gap.
Chris is the founder of the socially-conscious production company, Bridge the Gap TV. He’s interviewed everyone from Ben and Jerry to NBA legend Dikembe Mutombo, and has formed partnerships with the world’s leading non-profit organizations, including the Jane Goodall Institute and Do Something.
Chris’s experience is in the world of film, with credits ranging from The Sopranos (HBO), to An Inconvenient Truth Special on MTV. He holds a B.A. in Theatre Arts (Cum Laude) from Marymount Manhattan College. He is an Eagle Scout and a United Nations Guest Speaker. He has spoken at international youth conferences and Emceed in the UN General Assembly Hall with Secretary General Ban Ki-moon. Chris is determined beyond measure to produce wide-reaching, socially conscious media.
Chris traverses the globe from Tanzania to Thailand as Host and Executive Producer of Bridge The Gap, a new TV show (premiering onPBS TV later this year) where he discovers what it′s like to walk in someone else′s shoes for one day.
He′s interviewed some of Time Magazine′s 100 Most Influential People on the planet, and at 26 years old, has become the United Nations Go-To-Kid for all things youth, Brooklyn, and cultural exchange.
Chris′ passion and charisma have made him a celebrated speaker and emcee at home and abroad.
Please note that while this speaker’s specific fee falls within the range posted (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: ask your speaker to do a book signing or attend a VIP meal with your guests.”
- Red Hawk Red Hawk is a professional consultant and keynote speaker with 20 years of experience in the public and private sectors. He has lectured to government officials on diversity, leadership, and team building. He has written and developed motivational group programs, and facilitated organizational problem solving sessions. He has also contributed to developing training videos and...
- Thomas Manning Tom Manning leads the Asia business of Cerberus Capital Management as CEO of Cerberus Asia Operations and Advisory Limited. Formerly, he served as CEO of Indachin Limited, a private equity advisory firm focused on India and China, CEO of Ernst & Young Consulting Asia, CEO of Capgemini Asia, global managing director of the Strategy &...
- Larraine Segil Larraine is a seasoned senior executive with general management experience, and a world renowned level of expertise in the creation, implementation and management of complex business alliances in multiple industries including healthcare, technology, consumer products, manufacturing, aerospace, financial services and more. She has startup and turnaround experience, and a strong track record for speedy and...
CHRIS’S RECENT APPEARANCES
- UN Launch of International Year of Youth- UN General Assembly Hall, NYC
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), Bridging Cultures Forum- Brazil
- United Nations World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue- Baku, Azerbaijan
- Empower Youth 2011 Conference, Reach out to Asia- Doha, Qatar
- Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoos National Leadership Retreat- New Orleans, LA
- Girls Who Rock Benefit Concert w/ Shontelle- NYC
- Global Issues Conference, American Community School of Abu Dhabi- UAE
"Chris was outstanding and willing to go the extra mile to meet students. Every young person should hear his message."
North Central Michigan College
(Event booked by Speaking.com)
“Bridge the Gap is a great idea and it’s need has never been greater.”
UN Ambassador Ombeni Sefue (Tanzania)
“Chris’s project is exciting and helpful to the people of our world.”
Princess and Ambassador Mbikusita-Lewanika (Zambia)
“Chris is beyond inspirational. Before, I thought ‘I’m just one person, what can I do?’ But now I feel I can really make a difference.”
Mackenzie Stack (15 years old), Student at Qatar Canadian School
“Chris is a trailblazer in that he is able to entertain and educate simultaneously.”
Damian Wampler, Photographer, Founder of Colony Magazine
“Chris has a one of a kind entrepreneurial spirit coupled with an overwhelming desire to be a positive influence for his generation.”
Alfred Hanssen, former COO for Miracle Corners of the World
- Global Leadership
Leadership, CSR, Diversity
How can a kid from Brooklyn raise $100,000 from companies like Ben and Jerry′s Ice Cream and have a TV show on PBS? Join this expedition from the slums of Haiti to the peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro to push your boundaries of what′s possible in business and in life.
Rules of the "Stoop"
Diversity, Inclusion, Cultural Awareness
Chris takes attendees on a trek across continents, discovering places of common ground, aka "stoops", around the globe. From his multicultural stoop in Brooklyn to the shade of trees in Tanzania, we′ll discover the importance of "finding the stoop" to build cohesion in the workplace.
From Brooklyn to Africa
Direction, Social Responsibility, Global Awareness
Have you ever been uncertain of your life′s direction? Actor, PBS TV Host, and UN Emcee, Chris Bashinelli, shares concrete examples colored by international adventures that help us ignore the noise and find meaning.