- Bobby Seale has become one of the last suriving architects of one of the most important social change movements in American and African-American history. The last fifteen years has seen the demise of several sixties radical left icons, (including Huey P. Newton, Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Eldridge Cleaver, Kwame Toure and Dave Dellinger).
Speaking together at some events, Bobby Seale and his wife Leslie take to the stage with their lively charismatic and activist eloquence. The Seales illuminate the birth and the youthful intelligentsia of the Black Panther Party. They spell out the pragmatic philosophical range of the sixties protest movement, which grew out of student activism, historical class analysis, scientific research, and programmatic community organizing.
The Seales transport the audience back to the near civil war turbulence of the late sixties and early seventies. This was a time when the civil rights protest and anti-Vietnam war activism of hundreds of thousands of protesters of many different ethnic groups included more than five thousand young black men and women selling thousands of copies of “The Black Panther” weekly newspapers.
Black Panther Party members were college students who created tangible grass roots community programs and registered many thousands to vote. They established free breakfast for children and free health clinics all across the USA. They also ran for political office for what was then profoundly progressive social change.
With law books in their hands and “legal” guns handy for self defense, in the early days, they patrolled and observed racist police, putting their lives on the line. They took a stand against vicious and overtly racist attacks on peaceful demonstrators and against brutality toward poor people of color. Defining themselves as revolutionary humanists, Seale and his wife Leslie bring the sixties protest movement era full circle showing how times have changed and how we must reach for the future:
Protest, organize people′s programs, and evolve toward a profoundly progressive society with greater direct community control democracy, devoid of racist, bigoted or chauvinistic practices, devoid of war mongering and all the extremes of avaricious exploitation.
* Please note that while this speaker’s specific speaking fee falls within the range posted above (for Continental U.S. based events), fees are subject to change. For current fee information or international event fees (which are generally 50-75% more than U.S based event fees), please contact us.
Top25 Speaker Voting
Bobby Seale needs 2 vote(s) to make it into the Top 25 speakers on Speaking.com!
Speaker Booking Tip
“Tip: some speakers might provide one of their popular book titles as a free gift to your audience. ”
For Event Planners
• Keynote Speaker Booking Toolkit.
• Booking a Celebrity Speaker.
• How to Find and Book the Right Speaker.
• Google+ Event Planning Forum.
• Tips for International Clients Booking U.S. Based Speakers.
- Randal Pinkett Dr. Randal Pinkett has established himself as an entrepreneur, speaker, author and community servant. He is the founder, chairman and CEO of BCT Partners, a…
- Marilyn King Former Olympian Marilyn King is an extraordinary speaker, providing business leaders and educators with the tools and skills they need to dig deep–and reach for…
- Dr. Jo Ann Pina Dr. Jo is an ethnically diverse speaker who truly excels in cross-cultural communication. Dr. Jo is the daughter of a migrant worker, a first-generation Hispanic…
Our client rep was a pleasure to work with. He was well organized and kept me updated every step of the way. The level of professionalism and the quality of the materials received were excellent. I will be in touch for future speakers!
Established in 1994, we are exclusive agents for some of the world's leading experts, celebrities and professional speakers.
We offer event planners a fully staffed speaker logistics planning team, plus a personal SPEAKING.com Account Executive – a knowledgeable and trustworthy partner. We guarantee your satisfaction with your speaker and a smooth booking process.
Contact us today to book your favorite speaker.